I’d like to thank Samuel Munoz (https://inklinginfornography.wordpress.com) for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. It’s amusingly and gives a chance to learn more about other people and to think about something I wouldn’t have pondered otherwise.
– Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
– Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
– Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
– List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
If you were making an anime show, who you choose to handle the soundtrack?
Yuki Kajiura, for me it’s a no-brainer – her music will be a perfect addition to an anime of any genre except comedy. I’d be really proud if I had a chance to work with Kajiura-san.
Still NGE. Even though there are several shows which I are consider as my “favorites” (FLCL, Monogatari, Lain, TTGL, Pani Poni Dash) Evangelion stands out. I have already watched it, I don’t know, 10-12 times and I’m ready to do it one million times more =)
Which movies are you most looking forward to in 2017?
If we’re talking about “normal” movies then I virtually don’t watch them. Anime – the only one I’m really looking forward to is the third Kizumonogatari movie.
Do you have any predictions on the upcoming Evangelion movie?
It’s going to be the weirdest Evangelion movie we’ve ever seen. I like the original TV-show and Rebuild, in my opinion, is just a reason to meet together with friends, drink a couple of beers grumbling how good anime was back in the days and blaming Anno that money is the only reason behind those four movies.
What are your thoughts on Rotoscoped animation?
As well as 3d graphics is’s a nice supplementary technique that comes in handy when animators try to show a realistic motion – like skating in Yuri On Ice. Anime that count mostly on rotoscoping look like they simply lose the possibilities that traditional animation can give.
Who is your waifu?
I believe it’s possible to guess where I’m driving at =)
If you could live in any fictional world, where would it be?
The world of Pokemon, probably. It’s a peaceful, quite place where even 10-year old boy can travel without facing any troubles.
Favorite Anime Director?
Mamoru Oshii. Unfortunately he’s moved away from animation but I hope that sooner or later we’ll be able to watch a new anime under his supervision. Oh, and Shinbou Akiyuki – I admire his abilities to create 4-5 shows and movies in a year without serious drops in quality. And, Monogatari… – I’m ready to forgive him anything for this series =)
English Dub or Subtitles?
Russian subtitles, mostly =) Then English sub. Can’t even remember when was the last time I watched a dubbed anime.
Which manga would you love to see get an anime adaptation?
I have some problems here, because usually I read the manga after I have already watched the adaptation =) Yotsuba, maybe? I think, it’d transform into a nice anime.
I’m going to put the list of the questions here but, suppose, won’t be nominating anyone (at least, I don’t know 11 bloggers =))
- What is your favorite anime production studio?
- Have you ever attended an anime convention?
- Have you ever visited Japan?
- Have there been an anime you regret you watched?
- Do you play anime-related games and what is your favorite?
- Have you ever cried watching an anime?
- Asuka or Rei? =)
- Do you make screenshots while watching an episode?
- The most annoying character
- Is it better to watch anime alone or with someone?
- What anime would you recommend to a person who haven’t watched anything yet?